The CCAMPIS program is a federal grant funded by the U.S. Department of Education to support student-parents as they complete their education. University of Utah students who are eligible may receive financial support for up to 75% of their eligible child care costs while in class and/or studying. Student families must meet the following guidelines in order to receive a subsidy:
- Student parent must be enrolled and in good standing (cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above) at the University of Utah (either full-time or part-time) during the semester for which the subsidy will be received. Grad students must either be taking classes or registered for thesis hours
- Child must be enrolled in a nationally accredited child care facility (on campus or off). (See Licensing Vs. Accreditation)
- Enrolled student parent must be the legal guardian of the child for whom the subsidy will be used
- Second parent in the home must be working or in school (college, university, or technical) while child is in the child care program. Stay-at-home parents are considered to be available for child care, therefore, the family will not be eligible to participate in the program
- Family may not exceed income eligibility
- Student parent must apply each semester
- Student parent (or spouse/partner) must attend a Financial Assistance for Child Care Orientation hosted by Center for Child Care & Family Resources before application will be processed (Only need to attend once, not every semester)
- If awarded, student parent (or spouse/partner):
- Must attend a Center for Child Care & Family Resource approved workshop during the semester you receive the financial assistance (this needs to be completed 1 month before the last day of class). The eligible workshops can be found on our page https://childcare.utah.edu/family-resources/workshop-info.php . Some require advance registration.
- Must volunteer in your child's Child Care Center. The amount of volunteer hours will depend on the subsidy amount awarded (one volunteer hour per every $150 received per semester). Volunteer hours should be worked on throughout the semester and completed 1 month before the last day of class.
- Must complete a survey to assess the CCAMPIS program (this is annual and will be sent out every Fall semester)
- Student parent may lose their subsidy award and be required to pay back some or all
of the awarded funds and/or become ineligible for future awards:
- if there is an outstanding balance at current (or previous) child care center
- for failure to complete the workshop requirement
- for failure to complete all volunteer hours
Income eligibility is based on what is called 'total family resources' which includes (but is not limited to) the following for the whole family:
- Money, wages or salary
- Net income from self-employment
- Social Security (for adult and/or child)
- Dividends, interest income
- Public Assistance (money/food benefits/child care assistance, etc.)
- Pension and annuities
- Unemployment/disability insurance
- Worker’s Compensation insurance
- Child Support
- Veteran’s pensions
- Fellowship awards
- Grants/Scholarship Awards
- Tuition Reduction/Tuition Reimbursement, etc.
Depending on the total annual family resources, a family may qualify for a subsidy of up to 75% of eligible child care hours. The actual amount of your award would be based on your child’s tuition (up to 20 hours of care per week for a full-time student or up to 10 hours of care per week for a part-time student).
Undergrads: Full-time = 12 credits, Part-time = 6 -11 credits
Grads: Full-time = 9 credits, Part-time = 5 - 8 credits
|Size of Family Unit||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Total family resources up to||$26,336||$33,248||$40,160||$47,072||$53,984||$60,896||$67,808||$74,720||$81,632|
|Please note: this chart is subject to change.|
NOTE: Seeing that you qualify based on the chart above is not a guarantee that you will receive the subsidy. You must apply and receive an award before planning to use these funds. In addition, if your income does not qualify according to the chart, but is close, please call our office as there may be other options.
Access to the online application link for the CCAMPIS Grant Subsidy will be available after the date below. Remember, you or your spouse/partner must attend the Financial Assistance for Child Care Orientation before your application will be processed (sign-up link is posted above).
Please watch here for updating of the application availability.
|Semester||Applications accepted after|
April 1, 2018
July 1, 2018
November 1, 2018
Applications will continue to be accepted all semester long, however, they will be processed in the order received but only when all requirements have been met (orientation attendence, all documents received, etc.). So, the sooner you submit a completed application, the sooner you will receive notification of award.
Additional information is available through Center for Child Care and Family Resources – firstname.lastname@example.org.